1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
- thou-shall-love-thyself likes this
- brunxe likes this
- fitsp0-f0r-life reblogged this from allyouhavetodoisbelieveinyou
- sinnandbones reblogged this from wastingyourdreams
- un-reflected-mirrors reblogged this from wastingyourdreams
- un-reflected-mirrors likes this
- wastingyourdreams reblogged this from takeyourmarkgo
- neverlandlife247 likes this
- elnuevocomienzo reblogged this from riiaeatsright
- fit---vibes reblogged this from glitnessfitness
- glitnessfitness reblogged this from just-do-it-forever
- bigirlsmall reblogged this from inspired-by-eco
- so-divinee likes this
- runningwithhuskies reblogged this from inspired-by-eco
- steffmate likes this
- inspired-by-eco reblogged this from vanillabeantea
- affairsofacitygirl reblogged this from toethefinishline
- kalinakini123 reblogged this from eatsleepswim88
- kobrah081 likes this
- itsbuntime reblogged this from farewell-fat
- shotokanandscience likes this
- majael95 reblogged this from martial-artist-girl
- michael-hardy reblogged this from martial-artist-girl
- richardcoteat likes this
- martial-artist-girl reblogged this from yoga-running
- marsha-fitblr reblogged this from poundsoffun
- freddycrumb3291 likes this
- jimynovak likes this
- go-forth-and-smash-things reblogged this from gym-sex-eat-repeat
- dawgcuhh reblogged this from getfit-and-stayfit
- dawgcuhh likes this
- shitsamsaid reblogged this from findingtheway33
- lsev17 reblogged this from byebyebadhabits
- findingtheway33 reblogged this from gym-sex-eat-repeat
- thefitnessfoodie likes this
- salutemeimniecey reblogged this from byebyebadhabits
- salutemeimniecey likes this
- ms-chrissa25 reblogged this from gym-sex-eat-repeat
- byebyebadhabits reblogged this from gym-sex-eat-repeat
- sydneyken reblogged this from gym-sex-eat-repeat
- sydneyken likes this
- torturaturquesa likes this
- andeleh likes this
- gayveggie likes this
- xsophia-v likes this
- f-itandstrong reblogged this from gym-sex-eat-repeat
- gym-sex-eat-repeat reblogged this from witness-thefitness