Originally from The Greatist
Sometimes I find myself cheating out my workout when it comes to the end, so when I saw this article, I knew I had to share it with you! So check out this list of 23 Ways To Push Through A Tough Workout:
1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
- life-through-lenses reblogged this from projectwaistline
- life-through-lenses likes this
- iamme1398 reblogged this from littlefitnessdiary
- jadoreaucinema likes this
- une-nouvelle-femme reblogged this from hardbody-kelsey
- thefuneralformyfat reblogged this from omgfitspo
- operationtdabb reblogged this from butidontlikeveggies
- teranoviia likes this
- abundanceofhealth reblogged this from changetothin
- ihaveanarmyofimpalas likes this
- fucktheworldskinnygirl reblogged this from letswelcomethenewme
- fucktheworldskinnygirl likes this
- butidontlikeveggies reblogged this from kyarragetsfit
- kickinasswithclass reblogged this from fitness-and-diet
- alchemechanist likes this
- realisedtime reblogged this from accountablogity
- overcomingthedark reblogged this from livelaughlovehealthy
- blackwhitemad likes this
- fitness--first reblogged this from girlygirlsgettinfit
- theliontails reblogged this from letswelcomethenewme
- loveisa4letterworddd likes this
- girlygirlsgettinfit reblogged this from getreal11
- theswanking likes this
- 83togain reblogged this from getfitpartner
- lovely--toned reblogged this from fitness-and-diet
- lovely--toned likes this
- 2348579868029345234 reblogged this from getfitpartner
- getreal11 reblogged this from fitness-and-diet
- peacefruit reblogged this from fitness-and-diet
- mybodyisunderconstruction reblogged this from backawayfromthesweets
- eatgreenstayclean reblogged this from tonedbellyplease
- gotmyotp likes this
- getfitpartner reblogged this from elenagettingfit
- thejuicenerd likes this
- scarlet-starlette likes this
- samantha-slims reblogged this from lookatmebeingfit
- eatandfeelthin reblogged this from fitness-and-diet
- aweirdobutimrealtho likes this
- mythunderthighsrock likes this
- backawayfromthesweets reblogged this from inchwork
- daintyrunneryo likes this
- inchwork reblogged this from fitness-and-diet
- darth-kytin-the-adorable reblogged this from fitness-and-diet
- thunderthighless49 reblogged this from fitness-and-diet
- fine-freshfit reblogged this from omgfitspo
- light--as-air reblogged this from omgfitspo
- girl-with-the-red-balloon likes this
- maryberry410 likes this
- susyandherdarkparadise likes this