Originally from The Greatist
Sometimes I find myself cheating out my workout when it comes to the end, so when I saw this article, I knew I had to share it with you! So check out this list of 23 Ways To Push Through A Tough Workout:
1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
- shallow-waters-rising-tides likes this
- the-beginnings likes this
- deathflowers reblogged this from all-fit-and-toned
- deathflowers likes this
- the-beginnings reblogged this from feminismandfitness
- swizzlebg likes this
- titekkte1091 reblogged this from fitandfiiine
- titekkte1091 likes this
- iworkoutitone reblogged this from runitloseitliveit
- iworkoutitone likes this
- becoming-veg likes this
- amsbarbiepink likes this
- all-fit-and-toned reblogged this from shesahealthyrebel
- runitloseitliveit reblogged this from feminismandfitness
- juliacantelo likes this
- nessadoll777 reblogged this from slim-and-svelte
- macoconeverlies likes this
- smeechings likes this
- roar-roar-monster likes this
- drunkbull likes this
- doitsexy likes this
- enigmaticmags likes this
- beatlechub reblogged this from feminismandfitness
- beatlechub likes this
- feminismandfitness reblogged this from fitify
- commit-or-quite likes this
- beautiful-awesome-sexy likes this
- ashleeekayyy reblogged this from desiretobetoned
- happyhealthyparadise likes this
- hard-workpaysoff reblogged this from runningtothesunn
- quiteaconundrum likes this
- youregunnagofar reblogged this from fitandfiiine
- dragonsareagirlsbestfriend likes this
- lets-doo-it likes this
- lets-doo-it reblogged this from fitandfiiine
- gotgoodmusic123 likes this
- lexluther6969 reblogged this from burnsweatchange
- gloriouspersuasions likes this
- dreamsinredandgold likes this
- lottiesfitness reblogged this from petitebutpowerful
- keep-calm-and-eat-clean likes this
- restochesto likes this
- voilagnesesauce likes this
- tremilyteapot reblogged this from emerrlygoesrawr
- bone-4ddict reblogged this from fitify
- noticing-senpai likes this
- emerrlygoesrawr reblogged this from fitify
- ftg143x0 likes this
- cmonillraceya reblogged this from fitify
- aspringclean-forthemayqueen likes this